This weekend a co-worker asked me some of the Spring 2014 fashion trends I would recommend for her to incorporate into her wardrobe and spring style. It sounded like the perfect topic for a post!
When a new season rolls around, it’s easy to fall into the trap of thinking you need to rush out and buy a new wardrobe. The transition from winter to spring is particularly exciting as we anticipate the end of dreary, cold days and packing up our sweaters and boots. We just experienced the spring forward with daylight savings time. The days are a bit brighter and longer, and the dream of pedicures and bare legs is soon to be a reality. It’s not hard to get caught up in the heat of the moment (no pun intended) and splurge on new spring things for your closet.
Avoid breaking the bank and crushing your monthly budget. I’ve got 4 simple ways to incorporate spring fashion trends into your existing wardrobe, all under $100. Don’t feel pressure to try them all. Pick a few that speak to you and fit your lifestyle!
INCORPORATE A NEW COLOR
TRY A NEW LOOK
ADD A NEW ACCESSORY
INTEGRATE A TOP SPRING 2014 TREND
BONUS: The Basics
White is an essential color for any spring wardrobe, any year. Having a great white pant, a crisp white blouse, and a well-fitting white blazer is the easiest way to have a perfect spring wardrobe. You can build any outfit around these go-to pieces. Inventory your closet. Do you own all three? Need to add one of these basics to your closet? Look for these white spring essentials with a 2014 trend-twist!
Wide Leg Trouser
Collared Buttondown Blouse
Boxy, Cropped Blazer
All items featured in this post can be purchased at Hautelook and Nordstrom Rack
If you haven’t jumped on board to joining members only sites like Hautelook, Rue La La, Gilt, Zulily, My Habit, and Ideeli, it’s about time you did! Members only sites host limited time sales on merchandise from your favorite brands – Splendid, UGG, Joes Jeans, Michael Stars, Tory Burch, French Connection – the list goes on and on. On most of these sites you can also find deals on items for your kids, your home, and your man. It is free to sign up – you simply use your name and email and create a password. Many of these sites also offer credit for referrals. And, of course, most of these sites have a super convenient app allowing you to shop on the go. There’s really nothing to lose! I have been completely hooked on these sites since discovering them years ago. They are a full proof way to never pay full price for anything. For the rest of you members only veterans out there, look for a post in the future where I divulge all my discoveries of how to get the most out of these awesome sites!
So, why is today the day to join? Well, Hautelook is a part of Nordstrom, and today the site announced they have launched a brand new section: Nordstrom Rack for Hautelook. This means in addition to their daily sales events, you can shop the Nordstrom Rack section round the clock for the same amazing deals. Better yet? All items from Nordstrom Rack for Hautelook are ready to ship within 2 business days! What are you waiting for? Head to Hautelook now, and join! Then, shop my metallic picks from the NEW Nordstrom Rack for Hautelook section!
2. Hobo Glisten Shoulder Bag, $90.00
3. Velvet Vonnie Stretch Sequin Shirt, $49.00
4. 7 For All Mankind Skinny Glitter Jean, $99.00
5. Elizabeth and James Tango Heel Sandal, $142.00
6. BB Dakota Neva Sequin Dress, $36.00
UPDATE: Hautelook returns can now be made at Nordstrom Rack! Yet another reason that today is the day to join!
Ever have one of those days where you just don’t want to get out of bed? If you decide to play hooky, a little retail therapy never hurt. Today I’ve got a deal from one of my favorites: Free People. Hautelook is hosting a Free People event now through Friday at 11am EST. Here are my picks to cozy up with while you’re dreaming of curling up in bed!
1. Striped Pullover: Every girl needs a basic stripe in her wardrobe, and this black micro-stripe pullover is pure perfection for Fall. This top keeps it trendy with a pop of lace detail on the sides!
2. Cape Dress: If you love a bohemian look, this is the ultimate flowy frock. Transition this through Fall with a knee high boot and a structured jacket.
P.S. Thinking of being a hippie for Halloween? This would be the perfect costume to wear after Halloween! Great investment piece!
3. Lace Top: Lace is the ideal texture to add to your Fall wardrobe. Layer this lace top with leather or fur for a fabulous Fall look!
There are so many deals going on right now, I could barely choose which ones to feature. Today I’ve got two that you must check out to shop your Monday blues away, but expect many more deals to shop throughout the week!
Shop the J Brand Jeans event and enter to win J Brand jeans and a $500 Hautelook shopping spree! The event and contest end Wednesday, October 9 at 11am EST. Styles are going fast, so shop now then enter! I’ve already snagged an awesome pair of cords and a pair of colored denim – see below:
DIANE VON FURSTENBERG
DVF is having a Friends & Family sale, offering 30% off full-priced merchandise through tomorrow, Tuesday, October 8. Use the code FRIENDS30 at checkout! As always, I’ve got my picks below:
P.S. My boyfriend gifted me this blouse last Christmas, and it is even more gorgeous in person!
For those of you who travel frequently like I do, you know that things rarely go as planned, i.e. flight delays, missing trains, the works. When I first started traveling regularly, I needed a cocktail before, during, and after I reached my final destination. Now, I consider myself a globe-trotting veteran (except I’m not really trotting the globe, just the good old USofA, ha!). This doesn’t mean I’m immune to frequent, unavoidable disturbances in my travel plans. It means I’ve learned how to sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride. So today, I did not manage to deliver you any posts, but I will give you a little midnight snack to chew on: Everyday Essentials that Make Traveling Bearable.
Reading Materials: October Issues Are on the Newsstands!
P.S. The ELLE October 2013 issue comes with a FREE 140 page ELLE Accessories magazine!
Apps: Social Media, News, Gaming, Shopping – The 4 Essential App Categories for Girls
P.S. Hautelook’s Brands You Need to Know events are a must-see (and shop of course)!
Tunes: Pump-up Jams, Hippy Dance Party, Chill, and Ultra-Feminine – The 4 Essential Playlist Genres
Snacks n’ Drinks: BRING Healthy Eats, BUY Caffeinated Beverages
DANNIJO: Did you catch the DANNIJO presentation a NYFW? Did you love what you saw?
TODAY ONLY take 30% off on select pieces directly from the DANNIJO site using the code DJIS5 at checkout.
P.S. AJ Jeans event is for women and men! Chicks, get your dude in a sexy pair of denim as well!
GORJANA & GRIFFIN: Are you a GG Insider? If not, now’s the time to sign up! You’ll get 15% off your first order, and now through Friday, GG Insiders get double points on all SALE items, and they just added a ton of new sale items to the site just in time for this deal! I’ve been eyeing this Thompson Jewelry Case for quite some time now, and at 50% off with double GG Insider points, this amazing travel jewelry carrier is a serious a steal.
Note: GG Insiders typically get 1 point for every $1.00 spent. Once you accumulate 100 points, you get a $10.00 credit, which is valid toward both sale and full-price merchandise and can be used in combination with all other offers. After your first 100 points, you can redeem any point value at any time!
One of my all time favorite brands is on Hautelook today: Tart Collections. This California-based line by husband and wife duo Jamie and Dana Finegold has mastered the ultimate feminine frock. If you’re looking for a go-to dress that’s comfortable, flattering, and a little sexy, you need one from Tart Collections. I cannot tell you how many complements I get every time I wear one of these fashionable frocks, whether I’m at work or out with the girls. You can dress them up. You can dress them down. You seriously can’t go wrong! Check out my purchases from the event today:
DAILY GRIND to HAPPY HOUR
GIRLS NIGHT OUT (or IN)
FARMER’S MARKET and SUNDAY BRUNCH
1. Drop what you’re doing right now and go to Rue La La – the Cole Haan event is happening! I already snatched up two fabulous pairs of shoes for Fall, but there’s also outwear, accessories, men, and kids! The boutique closes in 2 days, but I recommend checking it ASAP before the best styles and sizes sell out!
2. Head over to Hautelook for the Free People Intimates event! Ladies, we all have those tops that are near impossible to pair with the proper undergarments. My suggestion: embrace your underwear, dismiss discretion, and amp up your ensemble with a bright, fun bra! New to this trend? You can’t go wrong with a lacey bandeau. Larger chest? Layer the bandeau over your full-support strapless – you can still rock the look! This deal is not just bras only – find some sexy slips, dreamy dresses, and lacey leggings as well!
3. If you’re a fan of Bumble and Bumble hair products, you need to start purchasing directly from their site. They always have an amazing offer available! Today, use the code BBXNYFW to get FREE 2-day shipping + 6 samples + 2 minis with $25 orders! That’s 1 product ladies! Don’t want to betray your BB.Network salon? Select your salon at checkout, and they’ll still benefit from every purchase! New to Bumble and Bumble? Want to give their products a try? Here are my picks for all hair types and hair needs: